For a FREE CONSULTATION, call King & Huffines, Attorneys at Law, PLLC at (724) 242-0230. 

How long do I have to take action on my personal injury case?

 That question depends on what type of case you have. I've listed a few common types of personal injury cases below, but if you do not see your case listed below, contact us at (724) 242-0230 for a free consultation to review your individual case. 

 Personal Injury Actions

Generally, you have a two (2) year statute of limitations for any personal injury case. This means you have two years from the date of the injury to file your claim in the appropriate court. 

  • Auto Accident
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Slip and Falls
  • Premises Liability 
  • General Negligence Claims


Wrongful Death

If your loved one passed away as a result of an accident, you would have two years from the date of death to bring a claim. 



If you are under 18, you have a longer statute of limitations. If your son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandson, granddaughter, or any other minor was injured before they turned 18 AND they're "unemancipated", their statute does not begin until their 18th birthday. To be "unemancipated", the minor must not be self supporting. This means if the minor was injured at their 10th birthday, they would have until their 20th birthday to bring suit. Again, the statute does not begin until they turn 18 years old and they would have two years from that time to file. 


Have you been injured in the last two years and have not filed your case yet? If you have, you still have time! Injured persons wait to file their claim until the 2 year mark for all types of reasons. If you would like to speak with us about your injury, do not hesitate to reach out to us at (724) 242-0230 or email us at our emails provided. We would be happy to review your case with you.


Disclaimer: None of the above information is to be interpreted as legal advice. This advice does not in any way create an attorney-client relationship.